Tuesday, February 26, 2008

TimeLine Contest Recap- Paradise Funplex

photos by_ Duce Smith

Timeline Skateboards had a contest at Merritt Island- Paradise Funflex last weekend. Unfortunately, I wasn't there; so, I can't report back to you the tricks that went down, the best slam, and the energy that filled the air. Fortunately though, I can share, because James (Duce) Smith was supporting as always, and took these photographs.


Jordan Price and Adam Taylor were raisin eyebrows and droppin jaws on the vert.








Street




With that, this is the story I leave you with....my memories of Paradise Funplex. I relearned rock to fakeys on Paradise Funplex's micro-mini back in highschool. This was after I had gotten back into skating for the fourth-hundred time. Anyway, I was doing f/s rocks and dropping in on the extenstion of the vert, before I got my rock to fakeys back. Yes, that was a good day. I now could roll back and forth on a ramp with out turning around.
Here's the even funnier part. My sister spotted me on that first make. I was 16 years old, she 20, and here we are on a 1.5 inch mini ramp. I learned 3 other tricks in the next 2 runs after that: 1/2 cab rock, 360 rock, and boardslide (I just had to redeem myself). So, hopefully, I made you feel better with that story, that you had your rock to fakeys before the age of 16. Blah blah.

No comments: